The ongoing dispute between Ranveer Singh and Farhan Akhtar over the actor’s exit from Don 3 has taken a new turn. Jagjit Singh Bhavnani, Ranveer’s father, has agreed to meet the Indian Motion Picture Producers Association (IMPPA) to discuss the matter. This development comes as Ranveer begins shooting for his next project, Pralay, in Mumbai.
The controversy started when Ranveer walked away from Farhan Akhtar’s Don 3 just weeks before production was set to begin. The producers, Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani, then approached IMPPA with a complaint. After Ranveer’s lawyer initially questioned IMPPA’s authority to intervene, his father has now stepped in to represent him.
Father Steps In After Initial Resistance
IMPPA president Abhay Sinha confirmed that Ranveer’s father reached out to the association three days ago and expressed willingness to attend a meeting. The association also received an email from Ranveer’s lawyer confirming participation once the meeting is scheduled.
Earlier, Ranveer’s legal team had told IMPPA that the dispute did not fall under the association’s jurisdiction. They said the actor would not take part in the proceedings. That position has now changed with Jagjit Singh Bhavnani stepping in.
“Farhan and Ritesh approached us with a complaint against Ranveer and sought our intervention in the matter last month. We subsequently wrote to Ranveer asking him to respond. His lawyer replied that the matter did not fall within IMPPA’s jurisdiction and that they would therefore not participate. However, three days ago, Ranveer’s father approached us and expressed their willingness to meet.”
Producers Submit Documents to IMPPA
Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani have already presented their case to IMPPA. During a meeting on Friday, they showed the association the signed agreement with Ranveer and a promotional video that was shot for Don 3.
Nishant Ujjwal, an IMPPA committee member and general secretary of the Film Makers Combine, said the producers explained the problems they faced. The association has heard the producers’ side but has not yet heard from Ranveer’s camp.
“In a meeting on Friday, Farhan and Ritesh told us about the issues they had faced. They showed us the agreement signed between them and Ranveer and also shared that a promo for the film had been shot. We don’t know the reason for his exit. We have seen his message to the filmmakers’ team saying that he was too excited about Don. We will understand his side only after meeting his father or another representative.”
How the Don 3 Dispute Started
The Don 3 controversy began in August 2023 when Excel Entertainment announced Ranveer Singh as the new Don. He was set to take over the role that Shah Rukh Khan played in the 2006 and 2011 films. A promo showed Ranveer’s look as the character.
Problems started after Ranveer’s spy thriller Dhurandhar performed well at the box office. Ranveer told Excel Entertainment he wanted to leave Don 3 without giving a reason. This happened just three weeks before more than 200 crew members were set to travel abroad for the first shooting schedule.
Excel Entertainment then took the matter to the Federation of Western India Cine Employees (FWICE). After hearing the producers’ side, FWICE asked Ranveer to respond. When he did not cooperate, FWICE issued a non-cooperation order against him.
FWICE Ban Was Lifted
The FWICE order did not last long. It was withdrawn eight days later after other industry bodies asked FWICE to reconsider. They pointed out that a Ranveer Singh film would create jobs for many workers.
BN Tiwari, President of FWICE, said at a press conference:
“We had written to all producers’ bodies informing them about our decision to issue a non-cooperation directive against Ranveer Singh. However, the federation also believes that no decision should be taken without hearing all sides and bringing everyone onto a common platform for dialogue.”
Around a month after FWICE reversed its decision, Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani approached IMPPA. They presented the Don 3 contract and the promo they had shot with Ranveer three years ago.
Ranveer Begins Shooting Pralay
While the dispute continues, Ranveer Singh has started work on his next film. Pralay is a zombie apocalypse thriller directed by Jai Mehta. The film went on floors in Mumbai on August 16, 2026.
Pralay marks Ranveer’s first production venture. It is backed by Hansal Mehta’s True Story Films, Ananya Birla’s Birla Studios, and Ranveer’s own production house Maa Kasam Films. Kalyani Priyadarshan stars alongside Ranveer in a key role.
Related:
What Happens Next
IMPPA is now expected to hold a meeting with Jagjit Singh Bhavnani or another representative from Ranveer’s side. The association wants to understand why Ranveer left the project.
“We are expecting to hold another meeting soon, following which we will arrive at a decision.”
The producers have claimed losses of around ₹45 crore due to Ranveer’s exit. However, the actor’s side has contested this since no advance signing fee was taken. The upcoming meeting could help resolve the long-running dispute between the two parties.
Also Read: Farhan Akhtar’s ‘Pattern Nowadays’ Comment Sparks Fresh Don 3 Exit Debate with Ranveer Singh
Thank you for reading this article on VvipTimes. Stay connected for more updates on Bollywood controversies, film releases, and entertainment news.










































































































Leave a Reply