Just over a week before Rockstar Games planned to show off Grand Theft Auto VI in an official Netflix event, gameplay videos and the full game map have appeared online. The leak has sent shockwaves through the gaming community, with content creator NikTek calling it one of the biggest security breaches the industry has ever seen.
The leaked material started spreading on August 18, 2026, just days before the official “Extended Look” presentation scheduled for August 27 on Netflix. Multiple gameplay clips and a complete map image of the game’s fictional state of Leonida have surfaced across social media platforms including X (formerly Twitter) and Reddit.
“I’m lost for words right now, what we’re seeing is potentially the biggest leak in gaming history.”
— NikTek
NikTek, a popular gaming content creator known for his video game commentary and tech discussions, broke the news on his official X account. He pointed out that one of the leaked videos shows the leaker writing the letters “LEEK” on a wall by shooting at it, which he says practically confirms the person was playing the game. He also noted that Rockstar Games has not released any official statement about the situation, though they are likely doing everything possible to track down the person responsible.
Who Is Behind the Leak and Why Did They Do It?
A hacking group calling itself CyberLeek has claimed responsibility for the leak. According to information shared by NikTek, the group says they are protesting against the gaming industry’s move toward all-digital releases.
The group published what they call the “CYBERLEEK Edict” on their website, listing three main demands:
- No digital pre-orders for games
- No fake single-player DLC that unlocks content already in the base game
- Single-player content must remain playable even when online servers shut down
CyberLeek specifically criticized Rockstar’s decision to release GTA VI without a physical disc. Even though players can buy physical copies from retailers, those boxes only contain a download code rather than an actual game disc. The group stated they will continue releasing leaked material until Rockstar issues a public apology and changes its approach.
“No consumer shall pay for a game through digital storefronts before release and independent review. Physical preorders for tangible media remain permitted.”
— CyberLeek manifesto
The group also referenced The Crew, a 2014 racing game that Ubisoft shut down years after release, making it unplayable for people who paid for it. This game became a symbol for the “Stop Killing Games” consumer movement. CyberLeek ended their manifesto with a warning to major publishers: “If CYBERLEEK can reach Rockstar, no one is safe. This is a message to all big corpo: behave, or be the next target”.
What Exactly Was Leaked?
The leaked content includes several gameplay videos showing previously unseen features of GTA VI. According to reports and NikTek’s analysis, the footage reveals:
- Basketball gameplay – The protagonist Jason can play basketball outside his waterfront home
- Vehicle loadouts and customizable vehicles
- Openable and closable trunks on vehicles
- A stamina bar and honor system similar to Red Dead Redemption 2
- A six-star wanted system, expanding from GTA V’s five-star system
- Fuel and engine condition tracking for vehicles
- A police awareness system that tracks what officers know about the suspect’s clothing, appearance, and vehicle
The map leak reportedly shows the full scope of Leonida, the Florida-inspired setting for GTA VI, including five counties, a rail system, and many small islands. The map also appears to show both playable characters’ locations at the same time.
How the Gaming Community Is Reacting
The leaks have sparked intense debate across social media. Some fans are excited to see gameplay details, while others are upset that the surprise has been ruined.
Streamer xQc strongly criticized the leaker during a live broadcast, saying the leaks benefit nobody. He argued that even people who plan to buy the game do not want to see leaked content before release.
Other social media users have expressed disappointment with what they saw in the leaked footage, with some calling the game “mid” and questioning whether the hype was justified. However, many have pointed out that the leaked footage appears to come from an older build of the game, possibly captured in 2024, meaning the final product could look very different.
Some fans have even suggested the leak could be a deliberate publicity stunt by Rockstar to generate buzz before the official Netflix reveal. Others believe an employee with access to a test version may be responsible.
Related:
Rockstar’s Response and What We Know So Far
Rockstar Games and its parent company Take-Two Interactive have not released an official statement about the leaks. However, they have been actively issuing DMCA takedown requests for reuploads of the leaked footage across social media platforms. This aggressive removal effort suggests the leaked material is likely genuine.
The footage appears to come from a PC build rather than a console development kit. Some reports suggest the leak may have originated from Rockstar India, with rumors pointing to a Russian hacker who attacked an employee and obtained a playable development version. The build was reportedly sold to CyberLeek for around $50 million. A second group has also surfaced claiming access to internal Rockstar materials, including an unpublished screenshot from an internal build dated April 2026.
Insiders have noted that the leaked footage appears to come from a build considerably further along than the one that leaked in 2022, though the exact age remains unclear. Some sources suggest the material may already be over a year old.
GTA VI is scheduled for release on November 19, 2026 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC. The official “Extended Look” on Netflix is still set to air on August 27, 2026.
As the situation continues to develop, Rockstar has limited access to their Discord server and continues sending strikes against channels hosting the leaked videos. Whether the company will eventually address the leaks publicly remains to be seen.
Also Read: US Army Unit Offers 4 Days Off to Play GTA 6 for Soldiers Who Reenlist
For more gaming news and entertainment updates, keep following VvipTimes for the latest stories from the world of video games and pop culture.







































































































Leave a Reply